Windows 10, which has been installed on about 300 million devices (computers and tablets), just turned one year old and Microsoft has made a major update available that fixes many of the bugs of the initial release of Windows 10 and adds a few new features. The Windows 10 Anniversary update is not available yet for the standard, automatic Windows update (and my not be until November), but you can install it manually, while Microsoft gets their mass update issue fixed. Here are the steps:
1. Save any open files and backup your computer (you are hopefully backing up your computer daily)
2. Click on the white Windows logo Start button at bottom-left of your screen.
3. Click on “Settings”
4. In the screen that opens, click on “Update & Security”
5. Click on the “Learn More” link. A web browser window will open and take you to the Microsoft upgrade website
6. You will see the title “About the Windows 10 Anniversary Update” and then a button below it that says “Get the Anniversary Update now”. Click on the button and follow the wizard to install the Windows 10 Anniversary update
The process may take 30 to 45 minutes and your computer may restart a few times.
What’s new in the Windows 10 Anniversary update?
For a great breakdown of the changes and new features, here is an article by our friends over at HowToGeeek.com:
About Nova Mesa Computers
Nova Mesa Computers is a premiere, Phoenix, Arizona-based builder of servers, workstations, laptops, desktops, storage systems and digital signage computers. Nova Mesa specializes in working with clients to determine what hardware will meet the needs of the software being used. Standard and custom configurations are available using standards-based components and a strong attention to computer-building detail. We use better computer components and follow it up with better service. When you call for support, you’ll speak with the people who build the computers, not someone reading off a script. Contact Nova Mesa Computers at 623-580-6848 (Toll Free: 1-855-978-6353) or at www.novamesa.com.